||AdapterWatch v1.05 - Display information about your network adapters
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2009 Nir Sofer
- Network Inventory - Audit your network software and hardware efficiently with Network Inventory Advisor.
AdapterWatch displays useful information about your network adapters:
IP addresses, Hardware address, WINS servers, DNS servers, MTU value, Number of bytes
received or sent, The current transfer speed, and more.
In addition, it displays general TCP/IP/UDP/ICMP statistics for your local computer.
This utility works perfectly on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Vista.
You can also use this utility on Windows 98/ME, but under these operating systems,
some of the adapter information may not be displayed properly.
Search for other utilities in NirSoft
- Version 1.05:
- Fixed bug: AdapterWatch displayed wrong MTU value returned by Windows API. Now the MTU value is loaded from the Registry.
- Added 'Copy Selected Cell' option.
- Version 1.04:
- Fixed bug: The dates displayed in system locale, instead of user locale.
- Version 1.03:
- Fixed bug: The main window lost the focus when the user switched to another application and then returned back to AdapterWatch.
- Version 1.02:
- The configuration is now saved to a file, instead of the Registry.
- Fix the foreground color problem on the first yellow column.
- Version 1.01:
- Added command-line support.
- Added support for Windows XP style.
- Version 1.00 - First Release.
AdapterWatch doesn't require any installation process or additional DLLs. Just copy the
executable (awatch.exe) to any folder you like, and run it.
The main window of AdapterWatch displays the current configuration and information about
your network adapters. You can also view general TCP/IP/UDP/ICMP statistics for your local computer,
by clicking the desired tab.
Release/renew IP address
On 'Network Adapters' tab, you can also release and renew IP addresses obtained through DHCP server.
In order to do that, select the desired network adapter by clicking on its header, and then
from the File menu (or from the popup menu), choose the desired action.
/stab <Filename> <Tab Number>
||Save adapters information into a tab-delimited text file.
The tab number should be from 1 (for the first tab) to 5.
/shtml <Filename> <Tab Number>
||Save adapters information into HTML file.
awatch.exe /shtml "c:\temp\report1.html" 1
awatch.exe /shtml "c:\temp\report2.html" 2
awatch.exe /stab "c:\temp\tab3.txt" 3
Translating AdapterWatch To Another Language
AdapterWatch allows you to easily translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and other strings
to other languages.
In order to do that, follow the instructions below:
- Run AdapterWatch with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named awatch_lng.ini will be created in the folder of AdapterWatch utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and string entries to the desired language.
- After you finish the translation, Run AdapterWatch, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run AdapterWatch without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
AdapterWatch is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
AdapterWatch, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'awatch_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed AdapterWatch utility.