Copyright (c) 2003 - 2004 Nir Sofer
This utility allows you to easily create animation from image files (GIFs and JPGs) on your
and running it on your default browser.
- 32-bit Windows operating system: Windows 9x/ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.
you explicitly disable it)
- Version 1.10:
- Animation Delay: Allows you to set a delay after the entire animation sequence is completed.
- HTML Template (For advanced users): allows you to edit the html code of the animation page.
- Save/load your last settings.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
This utility is a standalone executable, so it doesn't require any installation process or
additional DLLs. In order to start using it, just copy the executable (jsae.exe) to any folder
you want and run it. You can also use ZipInstaller to install this utility. If you do that,
shortcuts to the program will be automatically be added to Start Menu and to your desktop,
and a new entry will be added to the "Add/Remove Programs" module in order to allow you to easily remove
this utility in the future.
In order to create animation with this utility, follow the instructions below:
- Type or select the folder that contains the images file you want to animate.
- Optionally, you can type a file prefix if you want that only files starting with specific
prefix will be displayed.
- Select the image files that you want to add to the animation. You can also change the
order of the files by using the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons.
- Click the "Create Animation" button. The HTML page with your animation will be displayed
in your default browser.
Packing animation into one file
Internet Explorer allows you to pack the entire Web page into single mht file, including the files and images in it.
You can also apply this feature on the animation page created by this utility as long as the
'Allow to pack all animation files in mht file' option is checked.
The mht file created in this way contains all images need for the animation.
Using HTML Template (For advanced users)
When you choose to create Javascipt animation, jsae uses the default html template to create the animation page.
Starting from version 1.10, you can modify the default HTML template in order to customize the animation page that jsae utility creates.
If you want to create the animation from your own HTML template, follow the instructions below:
- Load template.html into a text/html editor.
- Modify the file according to your needs.
You can change/add style sheetes, add background image, add more images/text to the page, and so on.
After you make the desired changes, save them into a new filename.
- In the animation dialog-box, check the "HTML Template" option, and select the html filename that you saved earlier.
- When you click the "Create Animation" button, jsae uses your HTML file to create the animation page.
The "<!--***NIRSOFT_CODE***-->" string is replaces by additional code needed for loading the images.
This utility is released as freeware for personal and non-commercial use.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org