||MyLastSearch v1.65 - View your search engine query in Google and others
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2015 Nir Sofer
MyLastSearch utility scans the cache and history files of your Web browser, and locate all search queries that you
made with the most popular search engines (Google, Yahoo and MSN) and with popular social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, MySpace).
The search queries that you made are displayed in a table with the following columns:
Search Text, Search Engine, Search Time, Search Type (General, Video, Images), Web Browser, and the search URL.
You can select one or more search queries and then copy them to the clipboard or save them into text/html/xml file.
- Version 1.65:
- Added support for Yandex and DuckDuckGo search engines.
- Version 1.64:
- Fixed to work with the latest build of Windows 10 (For IE11 Web browser)
- Version 1.63:
- Added support for the new cache structure of Firefox 32.
- Version 1.62:
- Fixed issue with Chrome Web browser: MyLastSearch loaded only 4 data files: data_0, data_1, data_2, data_3. It seems that when the cache of Chrome is large enough, it starts to create more cache data files (data_4, data_5...)
Starting from this version, MyLastSearch will read these additional cache data files.
- Version 1.61:
- Fixed to work properly with the history data of Firefox 22.
- Version 1.60:
- Added support for Internet Explorer 10. Be aware that in order to get accurate results for IE10, you may need to
wait a few minutes after you exit from Internet Explorer, so the entire cache database will be written to the disk.
Alternatively, you can log off and then log on again to force the writing to disk.
- Fixed the 'Exclude the queries made by Google Instant' option to work properly again (there was a change in the URL format of Google)
- Version 1.58:
- Fixed bug: In rare cases, MyLastSearch failed to read a few records of Internet Explorer history.
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
- Version 1.57:
- MyLastSearch now also reads the turbo subfolder located under the main cache folder of Opera Web browser.
- Version 1.56:
- Fixed MyLastSearch to detect the correct cache folder of Firefox if the user changed it from Firefox config (browser.cache.disk.parent_directory).
- Version 1.55:
- The search queries are now displayed while scanning the history/cache files of your Web browsers.
- Added 'Stop' menu item displayed while scanning the Web browser data, which allows you to stop the scanning process.
- Version 1.50:
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu.
When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color,
to make it easier to read a single line.
- On Windows Vista/7/2008: The cache of Internet Explorer is now loaded from both the base cache folder and the 'Low' subfolder.
(In the previous versions, only one of them was loaded, according to the last modified date/time of the index.dat file)
- Version 1.49:
- Fixed to work properly with the history file of Firefox 4 Beta.
- Version 1.48:
- Fixed to work properly with the cache of Firefox 4 Beta.
- Version 1.47:
- Fixed MyLastSearch to read the cache files of Chrome Web browser when it's opened and locks the files.
- Version 1.46:
- Added 'Exclude the queries made by Google Instant' option. This option is turned on by default.
The new 'Google Instant' feature generates a search query for every letter that the user type in the search box, and
fills the search queries displayed by MyLastSearch with junk queries of incomplete words. This option removes all these junk queries.
- Version 1.45:
- You can now send the search engine queries list to stdout by specifying an empty filename ("") in the command-line of all save parameters.
For example: MyLastSearch.exe /stab "" >> c:\temp\queries.txt
- Added 'Add Header Line To CSV/Tab-Delimited File' option. When this option is turned on, the column names are added
as the first line when you export to csv or tab-delimited file.
- Version 1.44:
- Fixed a problem with crash/exception when reading the cache of Chrome Web browser.
- Version 1.43:
- Fixed MyLastSearch to work with Opera 10.50
- Version 1.42:
- Added support for sorting the saved search queries list from command-line - /sort
- Fixed MyLastSearch to automatically detect the cache folder of Opera 10.
- Version 1.41:
- Added support for search queries of Microsoft Bing.
- Version 1.40:
- Added support for search queries of Wikipedia, Friendster, hi5, Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace.
- Version 1.36:
- Added support for Chrome 2.x
- Version 1.35:
- Added filter by Web browser (in Advanced Options)
- Version 1.32:
- Fixed bug: in some cases, MyLastSearch crashed when loading the cache of Firefox Web browser.
- Version 1.31:
- Improved the support for Firefox 3 history file.
- Version 1.30:
- Added support for the cache of Chrome Web browser.
- Version 1.25:
- Added support for the cache of Opera Web browser.
- Version 1.21:
- Fixed bug: MyLastSearch failed to work with history file of Firefox 3.0.1
- Version 1.20:
- Added support for history files of Firefox 3.
- Fixed bug: The main window lost the focus when the user switched to another application and then returned back to MyLastSearch.
- Version 1.14:
- The URLs in HTML report are now created as links.
- Version 1.13:
- Added support for YouTube search queries.
- Version 1.12:
- Added support for saving into comma-delimited (.csv) file.
- Added /scomma command-line option.
- Version 1.11:
- Version 1.10:
- Added Ask.com and Alexa search engines
- Added support for images, news, video, and group searches.
- Added 'Search Type' column.
- Added /loadfrom command-line option
- Version 1.01 - Fixed support for reading the cache of Internet Explorer under Vista with UAC turned on.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
MyLastSearch utility doesn't require any installation process or additional DLL files.
In order to start using it, simply copy the executable file (MyLastSearch.exe) to any folder you like, and run it.
After running it, MyLastSearch scans the cache and history files of your Web browsers (Internet Explorer and/or Firefox), and find all search queries stored in them.
The scanning process may take from a few seconds to 1 minute, depending on the size of your cache and history files.
After the scanning process is finished, the main window should display the list of all search queries the you made with the
most popular search engines.
/loadfrom <IE History Folder> <IE Cache Folder> <Mozilla History File> <Mozilla Cache Folder> <Opera Cache Folder> <Chrome Cache Folder>
Load the search queries from the specified cache/history folders of Mozilla/IE/Opera.
You can omit parameters that you don't need by specifying an empty string in quotes - ""
||Save the search queries into a regular text file.
||Save the search queries into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the search queries into a comma-delimited text file.
||Save the search queries into a tabular text file.
||Save the search queries into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the search queries into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the search queries to XML file.
This command-line option can be used with other save options for sorting by the desired column.
If you don't specify this option, the list is sorted according to the last sort that you made from the user interface.
The <column> parameter can specify the column index (0 for the first column, 1 for the second column, and so on) or
the name of the column, like "Filename" and "Created Time".
You can specify the '~' prefix character (e.g: "~Created Time") if you want to sort in descending order.
You can put multiple /sort in the command-line if you want to sort by multiple columns.
MyLastSearch.exe /shtml "f:\temp\1.html" /sort 3
MyLastSearch.exe /shtml "f:\temp\1.html" /sort "~Search Engine" /sort "Search Text"
When you specify this command-line option, the list will be saved without any sorting.
MyLastSearch.exe /loadfrom "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\History" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dy18v2u5.default\history.dat" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dy18v2u5.default\Cache"
MyLastSearch.exe /loadfrom "" "" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dy18v2u5.default\Cache"
MyLastSearch.exe /shtml "c:\temp\search1.html" /loadfrom "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\History" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dy18v2u5.default\history.dat" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\dy18v2u5.default\Cache"
MyLastSearch.exe /shtml "c:\temp\search1.html"
MyLastSearch.exe /shtml "c:\temp\search1.html" /sort "~Search Time"
Translating MyLastSearch to other languages
In order to translate MyLastSearch to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run MyLastSearch with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named MyLastSearch_lng.ini will be created in the folder of MyLastSearch utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run MyLastSearch, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run MyLastSearch without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
MyLastSearch is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
MyLastSearch, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'mylastsearch_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed MyLastSearch utility.