||MozillaCookiesView v1.41: Cookies Manager For Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape Browsers
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2012 Nir Sofer
MozillaCookiesView is an alternative to the standard 'Cookie Manager' provided by
Netscape and Mozilla browsers. It displays the details of all cookies stored inside
the cookies file (cookies.txt) in one table, and allows you to save the cookies list into
text, HTML or XML file, delete unwanted cookies, and backup/restore the cookies file.
MozillaCookiesView works properly in all versions of Windows (Windows 9x/ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP)
and it can read the cookies file created by any version of Netscape/Mozilla browser.
However, If you have an old version of Netscape or Mozilla, you'll have to locate the
cookies file (cookies.txt) by yourself, and then select it by using the 'Select Cookies File / Folder' option.
- Version 1.41:
- Fixed to work with Firefox 22.
- Version 1.40:
- Added new columns: 'Last Accessed' and 'Created Time'.
- Version 1.36:
- Non-English or special characters in the cookie name/value are now displayed properly instead of %xx format.
- Version 1.35:
- Fixed the memory leak problem that occurred on every refresh.
- Fixed to work with Firefox 4.0 Beta.
- Version 1.30:
- Firefox 3.x: MozillaCookiesView now allows you to view the cookies when Firefox is opened.
- Version 1.27:
- Added sorting options from command-line
- Version 1.26:
- Improved the Firefox 3 detection.
- Version 1.25:
- Added AutoComplete feature in cookies file selection dialog-box
- Dialog-boxes are now resizable.
- Version 1.22:
- Fixed bug: MozillaCookiesView failed to work with Firefox 3.0.1
- Fixed bug: MozillaCookiesView crashed in some systems.
- Version 1.21:
- Fixed bug: The dates displayed in system locale format, instead of user locale.
- Version 1.20:
- Added support for Firefox 3 (cookies.sqlite)
- Version 1.12:
- The configuration is now saved to a file, instead of the Registry.
- Version 1.11:
- Updated to work with the latest version of Mozilla Firefox
- Version 1.10:
- Select by Domain.
- Select/Deselect highlighed items.
- Ability to translate to other languages.
- Automatically locate the cookies file of Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Allows you to select profiles folder other then the default one.
- Allows you to select the desired cookies file and profiles folder through command-line parameters.
- Saves the cookies list to text/HTML/XML file by using command-line options.
- Version 1.00: First Release.
MozillaCookiesView doesn't require any installation process or additional DLLs.
In order to start using it, just copy the executable (mzcv.exe) to any folder you like, and
If you have an advanced version of Mozilla or Netscape browsers, MozillaCookiesView
automatically locates your cookies file and displays the list of all cookies stored in there.
If you have more than one profile in your browser, you can view the cookies of other profiles
by using the 'Select User Profile' option.
If MozillaCookiesView fails to automatically find your cookies file, you can still select
the cookies file manually, by using the 'Select Cookies File / Folder' option.
In the main window of MozillaCookiesView, you can easily select one or more cookies,
and then delete them, copy the cookies information to the clipboard, or save them to text, HTML, or XML file.
||Opens MozillaCookiesView with the specified cookies filename.
||Opens MozillaCookiesView with the specified profiles folder.
||Save the cookies list into a regular text file.
||Save the cookies list into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the cookies list into a tabular text file.
||Save the cookies list into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the cookies list into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the cookies list to XML file.
This command-line option can be used with other save options for sorting by the desired column.
If you don't specify this option, the list is sorted according to the last sort that you made from the user interface.
The <column> parameter can specify the column index (0 for the first column, 1 for the second column, and so on) or
the name of the column, like "Value" and "Name".
You can specify the '~' prefix character (e.g: "~Name") if you want to sort in descending order.
You can put multiple /sort in the command-line if you want to sort by multiple columns.
mzcv.exe /shtml "f:\temp\cookies.html" /sort 2 /sort ~1
mzcv.exe /shtml "f:\temp\cookies.html" /sort "Domain/Host" /sort "Name"
When you specify this command-line option, the list will be saved without any sorting.
mzcv.exe -cookiesfile "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\1ac13dos.slt\cookies.txt"
mzcv.exe -profilesfolder "C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles"
mzcv.exe /shtml "c:\temp\cookies-list.html" -cookiesfile "c:\netscape\cookies.txt"
Translating MozillaCookiesView To Another Language
MozillaCookiesView allows you to easily translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and other strings
to other languages.
In order to do that, follow the instructions below:
- Run MozillaCookiesView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named mzcv_lng.ini will be created in the folder of MozillaCookiesView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and string entries to the desired language.
- After you finish the translation, Run MozillaCookiesView, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run MozillaCookiesView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware for personal and non-commercial use.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
MozillaCookiesView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
MozillaCookiesView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'mzcv_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed MozillaCookiesView utility.