Copyright (c) 2014 - 2022 Nir Sofer
OpenSaveFilesView is a simple tool that displays the list of files that you previously opened with the standard open/save dialog-box of Windows.
For every file in the list, the following information is displayed: Filename, Extension, Order (The order that the files were opened for every file extension), Open Time (Available only for the last opened file of every file type),
File Modified/Created Time, File Size, and File Attributes.
This utility works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows 2000 and up to Windows 11.
Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported.
The data displayed by this tool is taken from the following Registry keys:
- Version 1.16:
- Added "Don't Load Icons" option. When it's turned on, OpenSaveFilesView doesn't load the icon of every filename.
- Added command-line option to set the "Don't Load Icons" option:
OpenSaveFilesView.exe /DontLoadIcons 1
- You should turn on the "Don't Load Icons" option if OpenSaveFilesView crashes with exception in combase.dll
- Version 1.15:
- Added 'File Owner' column.
- Version 1.11:
- Added 'Open Selected File With' option.
- Version 1.10:
- Added 'Filename Only' column, which displays the filename without the full path.
- Added option to choose the encoding to save the text/html/xml/csv files. (ANSI, UTF-8, UTF-16)
- Version 1.08:
- Explorer context menu inside OpenSaveFilesView: When you right-click on a single item while holding down the shift key, OpenSaveFilesView now displays the context menu of Windows Explorer, instead of the OpenSaveFilesView context menu.
This feature only works for existing files.
- Version 1.07:
- Added 'Copy Filename' option.
- Version 1.06:
- Added 'Open Filename Folder' option.
- Version 1.05:
- Added 'Open Selected File' option.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
Start Using OpenSaveFilesView
OpenSaveFilesView doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files.
In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - OpenSaveFilesView.exe
After running OpenSaveFilesView, the main window displays the list of files that you previously selected with the standard open/save dialog-box of Windows.
The 'Order' Column
The 'Order' column shows you the order that you opened the files.
For every file extension, there is a separated set of order values.
There are also items with '*' extension, which show the order of the last 10 or 20 files for all file extensions.
For example: If you have a file named 'aaa.zip' with 'zip' in the Extension column and '1' in the order value... and you also have
a file named 'bbb.zip' with 'zip' in the Extension column and '2' in the order value, it means the last file you opened is aaa.zip, and before that
you opened the 'bbb.zip' file.
Be aware that the 'Open Time' value is only available for the last file you opened for every extension (items with '1' in the Order column)
||Save the list of opened/saved files into a regular text file.
||Save the list of opened/saved files into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the list of opened/saved files into a comma-delimited text file (csv).
||Save the list of opened/saved files into a tabular text file.
||Save the list of opened/saved files into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the list of opened/saved files into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the list of opened/saved files into XML file.
Translating OpenSaveFilesView to other languages
In order to translate OpenSaveFilesView to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run OpenSaveFilesView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named OpenSaveFilesView_lng.ini will be created in the folder of OpenSaveFilesView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run OpenSaveFilesView, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run OpenSaveFilesView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
OpenSaveFilesView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
OpenSaveFilesView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'opensavefilesview_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed OpenSaveFilesView utility.