Copyright (c) 2011 - 2015 Nir Sofer
ProcessThreadsView is a small utility that displays extensive information
about all threads of the process that you choose.
The threads information includes the ThreadID, Context Switches Count, Priority, Created Time,
User/Kernel Time, Number of Windows, Window Title, Start Address, and more.
When selecting a thread in the upper pane, the lower pane displays the following information:
Strings found in the stack, stack modules addresses, call stack, and processor registers.
ProcessThreadsView also allows you to suspend and resume one or more threads.
System Requirements And Limitations
- This utility works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows 2000 and up to Windows 8.
- For viewing the threads information of x64 applications, you must use the x64 version of ProcessThreadsView.
For viewing the threads information of 32-bit applications, you should use the 32-bit version of ProcessThreadsView.
- On Windows 7/2008/Vista - If you want to view the threads of process running with admin rights
and UAC is turned on,
you must also execute ProcessThreadsView with 'Run As Administrator'.
- For x64 applications, call stack information is not displayed.
- Version 1.15:
- Added 'Run As Administrator' option.
- Version 1.11:
- Added 'Always On Top' option.
- Version 1.10:
- Added 'Sort On Every Update' option.
- Version 1.07:
- Fixed the flickering while browsing the threads list.
- Version 1.06:
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
- Fixed issue: The properties dialog-box and other windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
- Version 1.05:
- Added 'Put Icon On Tray' option.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
ProcessThreadsView doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files.
In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - ProcessThreadsView.exe
After running ProcessThreadsView, you should choose the process that you want to inspect.
After you choose the desired process, the list of all threads is displayed on the main window and
automatically refreshed on every threads change.
When you select a thread on the upper pane, the lower pane displays extensive
information about the selected thread, according to the options you choose under the Options menu.
By default, only 'Show Stack Strings' option is selected, but you can also choose to show
the stack binary values, stack module addresses, other stack values, call stack, and processor regsiters.
Be aware that if turn on all available options, the loading process of the lower pane might be
Translating ProcessThreadsView to other languages
In order to translate ProcessThreadsView to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run ProcessThreadsView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named ProcessThreadsView_lng.ini will be created in the folder of ProcessThreadsView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run ProcessThreadsView, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run ProcessThreadsView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
ProcessThreadsView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
ProcessThreadsView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'processthreadsview_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed ProcessThreadsView utility.