||ProduKey v1.60 - Recover lost Windows product key (CD-Key) and Office 2003/2007 product key.
Copyright (c) 2005 - 2013 Nir Sofer
ProduKey is a small utility that displays the ProductID and the CD-Key of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office 2007),
Windows (Including Windows 7 and Windows Vista), Exchange Server, and SQL Server installed on your computer.
You can view this information for your current running operating system, or for another
operating system/computer - by using command-line options.
This utility can be useful if you lost the product key of your Windows/Office, and you want
to reinstall it on your computer.
Download links are on the bottom of this page
- Version 1.60
- Added support for SQL Server 2008.
- Version 1.56
- Fixed a bug with the 'N' character location on the product key of Windows 8.
- Version 1.55
- Fixed ProduKey to decode properly the product key of Windows 8.
- Version 1.54
- Fixed issue: The properties and 'Select Source' windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Version 1.53
- Fixed bug: ProduKey displayed wrong product name string for Exchange Server 2003.
- Version 1.52
- Decreased the height of the 'Select Source' window to fit the netbook screen size of 1024x600.
- Version 1.51
- Added 'Show Time In GMT' option.
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
- Version 1.50
- Added 'Show the computer name for every IP address' option.
This option is useful when you scan a range of IP addresses, and you want to view the computer name
of every IP address. Be aware that the computer names will appear a few seconds after finishing to scan the product keys.
- Version 1.46
- Added accelerator keys for 'Copy Product ID' (Ctrl+I) and for 'Copy Product Key' (Ctrl+K).
- Version 1.45
- Added 'Add Header Line To CSV/Tab-Delimited File' option. When this option is turned on, the column names are added
as the first line when you export to csv or tab-delimited file.
- Version 1.43
- When the product key is not stored in the Registry (like in volume licenses of Windows 7),
ProduKey will display 'Product key was not found' instead of wrong 'BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB' key
- Version 1.42
- Added 'Copy Product ID' and 'Copy Product Key' options.
- Version 1.41
- Added /ExtractEdition command-line option.
- Version 1.40
- Fixed ProduKey to display the right product key of Microsoft Office 2010 Beta (Office 14)
- Version 1.38
- Added sorting options from command-line.
- Version 1.37
- Fixed issue with x64 systems - The 32-bit version of ProduKey can now also retrieve
the product key when you run it on x64 system.
- Version 1.36
- Added command-line options to control which types of product keys will be shown. (/WindowsKeys, /OfficeKeys, and others)
- Version 1.35
- New option: Load the product keys of external Windows installations from all disks currently plugged to your computer.
When using this option, ProduKey automatically scan all your hard-drives, find the Windows installation folder in them, and
extract all product keys stored in these Windows installations.
- New Command-Line Option: /external
- Version 1.33
- Fixed bug: In 'Select Source' dialog-box, a disk drive error message displayed in some computers.
- Added AutoComplete to Windows directoried combo-box.
- Version 1.32
- You can now send the information to stdout by specifying an empty filename ("") in the command-line.
(For example: produkey.exe /stab "" >> c:\temp\prd.txt)
- Version 1.31
- Added the last modified time of the ProductID Registry key.
- Version 1.30
- New option: display the edition (Standard/Professional/Enterprise) of Windows 2000/XP/2003. (doesn't work for remote computers)
- Added AutoComplete for file selection.
- Fixed bug: The main window lost the focus when the user switched to another application and then returned back to ProduKey.
- Version 1.26
- Added support for saving comma-delimited (.csv) files.
- Added new command-line option: /scomma
- Version 1.25
- Added new source option: Load the product keys from all computers in the specified IP addresses range.
- New command-line option: /iprange
- New option: Check every remote machine with ping before trying to connect. (Only for Windows 2000 or above)
- Version 1.20
- Added 'Select Source' (F9) option - user interface for loading the product keys from remote computers or from external drive.
- Version 1.15
- Added 'Service Pack' column (Only for Windows entries)
- Added 'Installation Folder' column (Only for Windows and Office entries)
- Version 1.10 - Added filters by product type.
- Version 1.08 - The configuration of ProduKey is now saved to a file instead of the Registry.
- Version 1.07
- Added support for product key of Ms-Office under x64, when it's retrieved from external Registry file.
- Added x64 build - for locally retrieving product keys of x64 versions of Windows.
- Version 1.06 - Added support for SQL Server 2005.
- Version 1.05
- Display information in the status bar while scanning computers with /remoteall and /remotefile options
- New option /remotealldomain - scan all computers in the specified domain.
- Changes in the way that /remoteall scan all computers.
- Version 1.04 - Added product key of Exchange Server.
- Version 1.03 - new command-line option: /remoteall
- Version 1.02 - On newer versions of Office (XP/2003) - display the real product name, if it's written in the Registry.
- Version 1.01 - Added support for XP visual style.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
- When running produkey.exe, Some Antivirus programs displays an alert and/or block you from running it.
Click here to read more about false alerts in Antivirus programs
If your Antivirus software shows a false alert, you can use the following article that explains how to send a report about a false positive
issue to your Antivirus company:
How to Report Malware or False Positives to Multiple Antivirus Vendors
- For some types of license keys under Windows 7/2008, the product key is not stored in the Registry, and thus
'Product key was not found' message will be displayed.
- If you bought your computer with installed operating system, you may find the Windows product key appeared in ProduKey utility is different from the product key on your Windows CD.
This problem is mostly reported with Dell computers.
- From unknown reason, the product key of Visual Stuido .NET is written in the Registry as Office XP product...
- In old versions of Office (Office 2000 and below), the 'Product Key' value is not available.
Supported Products List
- Microsoft Windows 98/ME
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Doesn't work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (Doesn't work with Microsoft Volume Licensing)
- Microsoft Office 2000 (Only ProductID is displayed)
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
ProduKey doesn't requite any installation process or additional DLLs.
In order to start using it, simply extract the files to any folder you like, and then run the executable file - produkey.exe
If you want, you can also download ProduKey with full install/uninstall support (produkey_setup.exe), and then install it like any other software.
The main window of ProduKey displays the list of Windows, Office, and SQL Server products installed on your system.
For each product, the "Product ID" and "Product Key" are displayed.
If you want the view the product key information in another computer, or in another
operating system within the same computer, use the command-line options below.
Enumerate all computers on your local network, and load the product key information from them.
Be aware that this option is quite slow, and you may need to wait a few minutes until the product key information is displayed.
In order to use this option, you must have Administrator privileges in all computers on your local network.
|/remotealldomain [Domain Name]
Enumerate all computers in the specified domain, and load the product key information from them.
|/remote [Computer Name]
Load product key information from the specified computer name.
In order to use this option, you must log in to the remote computer with Administrator privileges.
If you fail to connect the remote computer with ProduKey, read the instructions in the following Blog post:
How to connect a remote Windows 7/Vista/XP computer with NirSoft utilities.
|/iprange [From IP] [To IP]
Load product key information from all computers in the specified IP addresses range.
In order to use this option, you must have Administrator privileges in all these computers.
|/remotefile [Computer Names Filename]
Load product key information from all computer names specified in the file.
The file can be tab-delimited, comma-delimited, or CRLF-delimited.
In order to use this option, you must have Administrator privileges in all computers specified in the computer names file.
|/windir [Windows Directory]
Load product key information from another operating system on the same computer.
The [Windows Directory] specifies the base folder of Windows installation, for example:
This feature is only supported on Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7.
Load product key information from all external Windows installations of the disks that are currently plugged to your computer.
|/regfile [Software Registry File]
Load product key information from another operating system on the same computer.
The [Software Registry File] specifies the software registry file usually located under
This feature is only supported on Windows 2000 or greater.
Load ProduKey without saving your last settings (window location, columns size, and so on) to the Registry.
|/WindowsKeys [0 | 1]
Specifies whether you want to view the product keys of Windows. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.
|/OfficeKeys [0 | 1]
Specifies whether you want to view the product keys of MS-Office. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.
|/IEKeys [0 | 1]
Specifies whether you want to view the product keys of Internet Explorer. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.
|/SQLKeys [0 | 1]
Specifies whether you want to view the product keys of SQL Server. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.
|/ExchangeKeys [0 | 1]
Specifies whether you want to view the product keys of Exchange. 0 = No, 1 = Yes.
|/ExtractEdition [0 | 1]
Specifies whether to extact the Windows edition information.
You can also combine the above command-line options with the following save options in order to save
product key information to file:
||Save the list of product keys into a regular text file.
||Save the list of product keys into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the list of product keys into a comma-delimited text file.
||Save the list of product keys into a tabular text file.
||Save the list of product keys into HTML file.
||Save the list of product keys into vertical HTML file.
||Save the list of product keys into XML file.
This command-line option can be used with other save options for sorting by the desired column.
If you don't specify this option, the list is sorted according to the last sort that you made from the user interface.
The <column> parameter can specify the column index (0 for the first column, 1 for the second column, and so on) or
the name of the column, like "Product Name" and "Product Key".
You can specify the '~' prefix character (e.g: "~Installation Folder") if you want to sort in descending order.
You can put multiple /sort in the command-line if you want to sort by multiple columns.
produkey.exe /shtml "f:\temp\keys.html" /sort 2 /sort ~1
produkey.exe /shtml "f:\temp\keys.html" /sort "Product Name" /sort "Product Key"
When you specify this command-line option, the list will be saved without any sorting.
produkey.exe /remote \\Server01
produkey.exe /remotefile "c:\temp\computers.txt"
produkey.exe /regfile "F:\WINNT\system32\config\software"
produkey.exe /windir "c:\winnt" /shtml "c:\temp\pk.html"
produkey.exe /remotealldomain MyDomain
produkey.exe /iprange 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.50
produkey.exe /stab "" >> c:\temp\prd.txt
produkey.exe /OfficeKeys 0 /WindowsKeys 1 /shtml f:\temp\keys.html
ProduKey works on all 32-bit versions of Windows. However, some features, like viewing the
product keys of another operating system instance, are only supported on Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
Translating ProduKey to other languages
In order to translate ProduKey to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run ProduKey with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named ProduKey_lng.ini will be created in the folder of ProduKey utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run ProduKey, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run ProduKey without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
ProduKey is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
ProduKey, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'produkey_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed ProduKey utility.