Copyright (c) 2011 - 2014 Nir Sofer
WebCookiesSniffer is a packet sniffer tool that captures all Web site cookies sent between the Web browser and the Web server and displays them in a simple cookies table.
The upper pane of WebCookiesSniffer displays the cookie string and the Web site/host name that sent or received this cookie.
When selecting a cookie string in the upper pane, WebCookiesSniffer parses the cookie string and
displays the cookies as name-value format in the lower pane.
- This utility works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows 2000 and up to Windows 7, including 64-bit systems.
- One of the following capture drivers is required to use WebCookiesSniffer:
- WinPcap Capture Driver:
WinPcap is an open source capture driver that allows you to capture network packets on any version of Windows.
You can download and install the WinPcap driver from this Web page.
- Microsoft Network Monitor Driver version 2.x (Only for Windows 2000/XP/2003):
Microsoft provides a free capture driver under Windows 2000/XP/2003 that can be used by WebCookiesSniffer,
but this driver is not installed by default, and you have to manually install it, by using one of the following options:
- Microsoft Network Monitor Driver version 3.x:
Microsoft provides a new version of Microsoft Network Monitor driver (3.x) that is also supported under Windows 7/Vista/2008.
The new version of Microsoft Network Monitor (3.x) is available to download from Microsoft Web site.
- You can also try to use WebCookiesSniffer without installing any driver, by using the 'Raw Sockets'
method. Unfortunately, Raw Sockets method has many problems:
- It doesn't work in all Windows systems, depending on Windows version, service pack, and the updates installed on your system.
- On Windows 7 with UAC turned on, 'Raw Sockets' method only works when you run WebCookiesSniffer with 'Run As Administrator'.
- Version 1.20:
- WebCookiesSniffer now allows you to automatically add it to the allowed programs list of Windows firewall when starting to capture and remove it when you stop capturing. This option is needed when using the 'Raw Socket' capture method while Windows firewall is turned on, because if WebCookiesSniffer is not added to Windows firewall, the incoming traffic is not captured at all.
- WebCookiesSniffer now offers you to run it as administrator (Under Windows Vista/7/8 with UAC) if you start to capture using Raw Sockets method.
- Version 1.17:
- Added 'Copy Cookies String' option.
- Version 1.16:
- Fixed the flickering problem on Windows 7.
- Version 1.15:
- Added 'Load From Capture File' option. Allows you to load a capture file created by WinPcap/Wireshark (Requires the WinPcap driver) or a capture file created by Microsoft Network Monitor driver (Requires the Network Monitor driver 3.x) and displays the captured data in the format of WebCookiesSniffer.
- Added /load_file_pcap and /load_file_netmon command-line options.
- Fixed issue: The properties dialog-box and other windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Version 1.12:
- Fixed bug: When opening the 'Capture Options' dialog-box after Network Monitor Driver 3.x was previously selected, WebCookiesSniffer switched back to Raw Sockets mode.
- Version 1.11:
- Fixed the accelerator key of 'Stop Capture' (F6)
- Version 1.10:
- Added 'Start As Hidden' option. When this option and 'Put Icon On Tray' option are turned on, the main window of WebCookiesSniffer will be invisible on start.
- Version 1.07:
- Fixed bug: The check status of 'Capture On Program Start' menu item was not displayed.
- Version 1.06:
- Fixed a crash problem occurred while browsing into some Web pages.
- Version 1.05:
- Added 'Put Icon On Tray' option.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
- WebCookiesSniffer cannot capture files of a secured Web site (HTTPS)
Start Using WebCookiesSniffer
Except of a capture driver needed for capturing network packets,
WebCookiesSniffer doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files.
In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - WebCookiesSniffer.exe
After running WebCookiesSniffer in the first time, the 'Capture Options' window appears on the screen,
and you're requested to choose the capture method and the desired network adapter.
In the next time that you use WebCookiesSniffer, it'll automatically start capturing packets with the capture method and
the network adapter that you previously selected. You can always change the 'Capture Options' again by pressing F9.
After choosing the capture method and network adapter, WebCookiesSniffer captures and displays
every cookie found in the data sent between your Web browser and the remote Web server.
Loads the specified capture file, created by WinPcap driver.
Loads the specified capture file, created by Network Monitor driver 3.x.
Translating WebCookiesSniffer to other languages
In order to translate WebCookiesSniffer to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run WebCookiesSniffer with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named WebCookiesSniffer_lng.ini will be created in the folder of WebCookiesSniffer utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run WebCookiesSniffer, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run WebCookiesSniffer without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
webcookiessniffer is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
webcookiessniffer, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'WebCookiesSniffer_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed webcookiessniffer utility.