Copyright (c) 2004 - 2016 Nir Sofer
- WhoisCL - Command-line utility (without user interface) that retrieves WHOIS record of a domain.
- WhoisThisDomain - Retrieves WHOIS record of a domain.
- IPNetInfo - Retrieves IP address information from WHOIS servers.
WhosIP is a simple command-line utility that allows you to
easily find all available information about an IP address:
The owner of the IP address, the country/state name, IP addresses range,
contact information (address, phone, fax, and email), and more.
Notice: WhosIP is a console application. If you don't known how to use it, you should try the IPNetInfo utility. It provides the same functionality, but with user interface.
- Version 1.18:
- Fixed WhosIP to show the IP addresses range ('From IP' and 'To IP' columns) of ARIN IPv6 addresses (taken from NetRange field).
- Added 'CIDR' field.
- Version 1.17:
- Fixed to detect the country of whois.registro.br records as Brazil.
- Version 1.16:
- Fixed bug: WhosIP failed to get information of non-ARIN IPv6 addresses.
- Version 1.15:
- Added support for IPv6 addresses.
- WhosIP now adds the -B flag to AFRINIC queries, for extracting email addresses.
- Version 1.11:
- Fixed WhosIP to detect RIPE IP addresses blocks reassigned back to ARIN.
- Version 1.10:
- Added support for SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 proxy. (Be aware that user/password authentication is currently not supported.)
- Version 1.08:
- Updated the internal countries file (The original countries file was generated on 2004, and some countries were missing...)
- Version 1.07:
- Updated the internal IANA IP assignment table, for using the correct
WHOIS server, according to the first byte of the IP address.
- Fixed issue with ARIN queries:
For query result containing more than one IP range, IPNetInfo displayed
the wrong network details in the upper table.
- Version 1.06: Fixed WhosIP to work with the changes made in ARIN WHOIS server.
- Version 1.05: Fixed bug: WhosIP displayed an empty owner name when the first 'desc' line of the WHOIS record was empty.
- Version 1.04: Fixed a problem with 151.*.*.* addresses.
- Version 1.03: WhosIP now automatically use the right server according to IP address.
- Version 1.02: Added -B option in ripe.net queries, to avoid the default data filtering.
- Version 1.01: Added support for AfriNIC IP Addresses.
- Version 1.00: First release
WhosIP [-r] [-socks4] [-socks5] host-name
If you specify this option, the original WHOIS record is displayed.
Otherwise, only a summary of the WHOIS record is displayed.
Specifies SOCKS4 proxy to use, in IPAddress:Port format
Specifies SOCKS5 proxy to use, in IPAddress:Port format
Host name or IP address.
WhosIP -r www.nirsoft.net
WhosIP -socks5 192.168.0.55:1080 22.214.171.124
Example for WhosIP output:
WHOIS Source: ARIN
IP Address: 126.96.36.199
Country: USA - California
Network Name: GOOGLE
Owner Name: Google Inc.
From IP: 188.8.131.52
To IP: 184.108.40.206
Contact Name: Google Inc.
Address: 2400 E. Bayshore Parkway, Mountain View
OrgName: Google Inc.
Address: 2400 E. Bayshore Parkway
City: Mountain View
NetRange: 220.127.116.11 - 18.104.22.168
NetType: Direct Allocation
TechName: Google Inc.
OrgTechName: Google Inc.
# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2004-09-22 19:10
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.
- Any Windows operating system - from Windows 95 and up to Windows 8.
- Internet connection.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com