DumpEDID is a small console application that extract the EDID ("Extended display identification data")
records from your computer, analyze it, and dump it into the console window.
EDID record provide essential information about your monitor: manufacture week/year, monitor manufacturer,
monitor model, supported display modes, and so on...
You can also get the EDID records of a remote computer, if you login to this computer with administrator rights.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
DumpEDID is a console application, so in order the view the output, you have to run it in
console (Command-Prompt) window.
As with any console application, you dump the output into a file, for example:
DumpEDID.exe > c:\temp\edid.txt
If you want to Get the EDID records of a remote computer,
you can specify the remote computer as parameter, for example:
If you want to get only the active monitors, simply add -a to the command-line, for example:
DumpEDID.exe -a \\remote01
This utility works on Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8. Windows 98/ME is not supported.
- Version 1.07 - You can now add -a to the command-line in order to get only the active monitors.
- Version 1.06 - The 'Active' status is now taken from the Registry (Control Subkey) when connecting a remote computer.
- Version 1.05 - Added 'Active' field (Doesn't work on remote computer), which shows whether the monitor is active.
- Version 1.02 - Added support for EDID Detailed Timing Descriptor, so DumpEDID will display accurate Maximum Resolution information for monitors with high resolution.
- Version 1.01 - Fixed bug: In some computers, the EDID information was loaded from the wrong hardware configuration.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com