Copyright (c) 2015 - 2016 Nir Sofer
ExecutedProgramsList is a simple tool that displays a list of programs and batch files that you previously executed on your system.
For every program, ExecutedProgramsList displays the .exe file, the created/modified time of the .exe file, and the current version information of the program (product name, product version, company name) if it's available.
For some of the programs, the last time execution time of the program is also displayed.
This utility works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows XP and up to Windows 10.
Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported.
- Version 1.11:
- Added 'Auto Size Columns On Load' option.
- Added 'File Properties' option. (Open the Explorer properties window of the .exe file)
- Version 1.10:
- Fixed to work properly on Windows 10.
- Version 1.05:
- Added 'Open Folder In Explorer' option (Ctrl+O)
- Version 1.00 - First release.
The list of previously executed programs is collected from the following data sources:
- Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache
- Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache
- Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Persisted
- Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store
- Windows Prefetch folder (C:\Windows\Prefetch)
Start Using ExecutedProgramsList
ExecutedProgramsList doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files. In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - ExecutedProgramsList.exe
After running ExecutedProgramsList, the main window displays a list of programs and batch files that you previously executed on your system.
You can select one or more items, and then export them to comma-delimited/tab-delimited/html/xml file using the 'Save Selected Items' option (Ctrl+S) or copy them to the clipboard (CTRL+C) and then
paste them to Excel or any other spreadsheet application.
||Save the list of executed programs into a regular text file.
||Save the list of executed programs into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the list of executed programs into a comma-delimited text file (csv).
||Save the list of executed programs into a tabular text file.
||Save the list of executed programs into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the list of executed programs into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the list of executed programs into XML file.
Translating ExecutedProgramsList to other languages
In order to translate ExecutedProgramsList to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run ExecutedProgramsList with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named ExecutedProgramsList_lng.ini will be created in the folder of ExecutedProgramsList utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run ExecutedProgramsList, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run ExecutedProgramsList without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
ExecutedProgramsList is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
ExecutedProgramsList, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'executedprogramslist_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed ExecutedProgramsList utility.