Copyright (c) 2002 - 2017 Nir Sofer
Notice: In order to view the cookies of Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 , you should use the EdgeCookiesView tool.
IECookiesView is a small utility that displays the details of all cookies that Internet Explorer
stores on your computer.
In addition, It allows you to do the following actions:
- Sort the cookies list by any column you want, by clicking the column header. A second click sorts the column in descending order.
- Find a cookie in the list by specifying the name of the Web site.
- Select and delete the unwanted cookies.
- Save the cookies to a readable text file.
- Copy cookie information into the clipboard.
- Automatically refresh the cookies list when a Web site sends you a cookie.
- Display the cookies of other users and from other computers.
- Open the IECookiesView utility directly from Internet Explorer toolbar.
- Change the content of a cookie !
- Export your cookies to Netscape/Mozilla cookies file.
- Block specific Web sites from using cookies through the cookies blocking mechanism of Internet Explorer 6.0.
Advantages of this utility
- This utility is completely freeware ! You don't have to pay anything in order to continue using it.
- The utility is a standalone executable. it doesn't require any additional DLLs, and installation is not required.
- The executable (iecv.exe) is small and compact. Only 55KB !
- If you have a network, you can watch the cookies of other computers, as long as you have a read permission on the cookies folder of other computers.
- On Windows NT/2000/XP, You can watch the cookies of other users on the same computer, as long as you have the right access permissions on the cookies folders.
- Windows operating system: Windows 95/98/ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista.
- Internet Explorer, Versions 4.0 - 9.0
- There is only limited support for Internet Explorer 10.0, due to a change in the way that cookies index information is stored.
- This tool cannot view the cookies of latest IE11 on Windows 10. You should use the EdgeCookiesView tool instead.
This utility is released as freeware. You can freely use and distribute it.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in the distribution package including the readme.txt, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
Notice for Windows 7/Vista users
Windows 7 and Windows Vista has 2 cookies folders:
Depending on your UAC configuration, Windows may use the first folder or the second one.
Sometimes, IECookiesView choose the wrong cookies folder, so if you see that the cookies are not updated,
you should manually choose the other cookies folder.
- C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies
- C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low
IECookiesView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
IECookiesView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'iecv_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed IECookiesView utility.