||ImageCacheViewer v1.27 - View images in the cache of your Web browser
Copyright (c) 2014 - 2022 Nir Sofer
ImageCacheViewer is a simple tool that scans the cache of your Web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome),
and lists the images displayed in the Web sites that you recently visited.
For every cached image file, the following information is displayed:
URL of the image, Web browser that was used to visit the page, image type, date/time of the image,
browsing time, and file size.
When selecting a cache item in the upper pane of ImageCacheViewer, the image is displayed in the lower pane,
and you can copy the image to the clipboard by pressing Ctrl+M.
- Version 1.27:
- Updated to read the Cache_Data subfolder in the new version of Chrome Web browser.
- Version 1.26:
- Updated to work properly with the cache partitioning string on the latest versions of Chrome.
- Version 1.25:
- Fixed to extract the URL correctly from the latest versions of Firefox.
- Added 'Web Site' column, which shows the Web site that loaded the image (For Firefox and Chrome Web browsers) .
- Version 1.21:
- Updated to work properly with the new cache partitioning of Chrome. (In previous versions, URL was displayed with _dk_ prefix).
- Version 1.20:
- Added support for the new 'Simple Cache for HTTP' cache format of Chrome Web browser.
- Version 1.15:
- ImageCacheViewer now automatically detects the cache folder of Pale Moon Web browser.
- Version 1.12:
- ImageCacheViewer now automatically detects the cache folder of Vivaldi Web browser.
- Version 1.11:
- Fixed bug: ImageCacheViewer failed to read the cache of IE11 on some systems.
- Version 1.10:
- ImageCacheViewer now automatically detects the cache folders of Chromium and Yandex.
- Version 1.08:
- Fixed to work with the latest build of Windows 10/IE11.
- Version 1.07:
- ImageCacheViewer now automatically detects the cache folder of Opera 15 or later (Which has the same cache structure of Google Chrome...)
- Version 1.06:
- Fixed bug: Unicode Byte order mark (FF FE) was added to xml/html files.
- Version 1.05:
- Added support for the new cache structure of Firefox 32.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
System Requirements And Limitations
- This utility works in any version of Windows, starting from Windows XP and up to Windows 10.
Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported.
- The following Web browsers are supported: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, SeaMonkey, and Google Chrome.
- ImageCacheViewer won't work if you configure your Web browser to clear the cache after closing it.
- It's recommended to close all windows of your Web browser before using ImageCacheViewer, to ensure that all cache files are saved to the disk.
Start Using ImageCacheViewer
ImageCacheViewer doesn't require any installation process or additional DLL files.
In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - ImageCacheViewer.exe
After running ImageCacheViewer, it begins to scan the cache of your Web browser, and displays all cached images from Web sites
you visited in the last day. If you want to get images from other days, you can remove or change the last 1-day filter from the 'Advanced Options' window (F9).
After the scanning process is finished, you can also watch the image in the lower pane of ImageCacheViewer, by selecting the desired item in the upper pane.
If from some reason ImageCacheViewer fails to detect the cache of your Web browser properly, you can go to 'Advanced Options' window (F9), and choose the desired cache folders to scan
for each Web browser.
||Save the cached images list into a simple text file.
||Save the cached images list into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the cached images list into a comma-delimited text file (csv).
||Save the cached images list into a tabular text file.
||Save the cached images list into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the cached images list into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the cached images list into XML file.
Translating ImageCacheViewer to other languages
In order to translate ImageCacheViewer to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run ImageCacheViewer with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named ImageCacheViewer_lng.ini will be created in the folder of ImageCacheViewer utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run ImageCacheViewer, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run ImageCacheViewer without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
ImageCacheViewer is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
ImageCacheViewer, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'imagecacheviewer_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed ImageCacheViewer utility.