||LSASecretsView v1.25 - View LSA secrets stored on your computer
Copyright (c) 2006 - 2016 Nir Sofer
LSASecretsView is a small utility that displays the list of all LSA secrets stored
in the Registry on your computer.
The LSA secrets key is located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policy\Secrets and may contain your
RAS/VPN passwords, Autologon password, and other system passwords/keys.
- Version 1.25:
- Updated to work on Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Added support for reading LSA secrets from external drive of Windows 10/8/7.
- External drive reading - You can now specify the Registry hives folder (e.g: K:\windows\system32\config) insread of windows directory.
- Version 1.21 - Fixed a problem with Application Compatibility Engine on Windows 7/Vista:
In some rare circumstances, this utility was shimmed by Application Compatibility Engine, which means that
apphelp.dll and AcLayers.DLL were loaded into the process and replaced the Windows API pointers in the exports table.
This API replacement caused this utility to crash lsass.exe and restart the operating system after a minute.
This problem occured when running this utility from NirLauncher package,
because the executable of NirLauncher contains the word 'launch', and from unknown reason,
Microsoft automatically shim every executable that contains the word 'launch'.
- Version 1.20 - Added support for reading the LSA secrets from external instance of Windows 2000/XP/2003. (In Advanced Options).
- Version 1.13 - Fixed bug: The main window lost the focus when the user switched to another application and then returned back to LSASecretsView.
- Version 1.12 - The configuration is now saved to a file, instead of the Registry.
- Version 1.11 - Under Vista, LSASecretsView now automatically requires to run as administrator.
- Version 1.10 - Added support for Windows Vista (both 32-bit and x64 versions)
- Version 1.00 - First release.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
False Alert Problems: Some Antivirus programs detect this utility as infected with Trojan/Virus.
LSASecretsView doesn't require any installation process or additional DLLs.
Just copy the executable file (LSASecretsView.exe) to any folder you like, and run it.
The main window of LSASecretsView contains 2 panes:
The upper pane displays the list of all LSA secret entries.
When you select one or more items in the upper pane, the lower pane displays the
LSA data of the selected items, in Hex and Ascii formats.
Reading LSA secrets from external instance of Windows
Starting from version 1.20, LSASecretsView allows you to read the LSA secrets from external instance of Windows.
This feature can be useful if you have a dead system that cannot boot anymore.
You can use this feature from the user-interface, by using the 'Advanced Options' in the File menu, or from command-line,
by using /external parameter, for example:
LSASecretsView.exe /external g:\windows
This utility works on 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10. Windows 98/ME is not supported.
Translating LSASecretsView to other languages
In order to translate LSASecretsView to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run LSASecretsView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named LSASecretsView_lng.ini will be created in the folder of LSASecretsView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run LSASecretsView, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run LSASecretsView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
LSASecretsView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
LSASecretsView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'lsasecretsview_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed LSASecretsView utility.