||OutlookAddressBookView v2.41 - View / export the address book of Outlook
Copyright (c) 2012 - 2022 Nir Sofer
OutlookAddressBookView is a simple utility that displays the details of all recipients stored in the address books of
For every recipient entry, the following information is displayed:
Email Address, Display Name, Address Type (MS-Exchange or SMTP), Street Address, Phone Number, Created Time,
Modified Time (Works only with address books of Exchange server), and more...
You can easily select one or more recipients from the list and export them into tab-delimited/comma-delimited/xml/html file,
or copy them to the clipboard and then paste the list into Excel.
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10/11.
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Outlook 2013 or Microsoft Outlook 2016.
For the 64-bit version of Outlook 2010/2013, you should use the x64 version of OutlookAddressBookView.
For all other versions, you must use the 32-bit of OutlookAddressBookView.
- Version 2.41
- Fixed the quick-filter text-box to copy to the clipboard when pressing Ctrl+C.
- Version 2.40
- Custom context menu: You can now add your own menu items to the right-click context menu, by editing the configuration file (OutlookAddressBookView.cfg)
- See the 'Custom Context Menu' section for more information.
- Version 2.36
- Added /Columns command-line option, which allows you to set the columns to display or the columns to export from command-line, for example:
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /Columns "Display Name,Address Type,Email Address,Title,Company"
- Version 2.35
- Added new quick filter option: Find a string begins with...
- Version 2.33
- Fixed issue: When choosing to scan the address book contacts of another Outlook profile (Instead of default) while Outlook is opened in the background, the profile opened in Outlook was used, instead of the profile selected in OutlookAddressBookView.
- Version 2.32
- Added option to change the sorting column from the menu (View -> Sort By). Like the column header click sorting, if you click again the same sorting menu item, it'll switch between ascending and descending order. Also, if you hold down the shift key while choosing the sort menu item, you'll get a secondary sorting.
- Version 2.31
- Added toolbar button to the 'Display QR Code' option.
- Version 2.30
- Added option to export the Outlook address book items to vCard file. In order to save the selected items as vCard file - press Ctrl+S, and in the file-type combo-box choose 'vCard File'.
- Added option to copy the selected Outlook address book items to the clipboard as vCard file format. (Edit -> Copy As vCard).
- Added option to generate vCard QR Code for the selected Outlook address book item. You can use the QR Code to easily add a contact from Outlook to your Smartphone.
- In order to view the vCard QR Code, simply enable this option: View -> Display QR Code (or press Ctrl+R). You can also copy the QR Code to the clipboard (Edit -> Copy QR Code).
- Added 'Edit vCard Template' option (Under the Options menu), which allows you to modify the template that OutlookAddressBookView uses to generate the vCard files and the vCard QR Code.
- Updated to work properly in high DPI mode.
- Version 2.23
- Added 'Number of records per request' option ('Advanced Options' window), which specifies the number of address book records that OutlookAddressBookView receives on
every request. The default value is 5. You can try to 'Play' with this value if you have performances issue while loading the address book on your system.
- Version 2.22
- Added 'Copy Clicked Cell' option to the right-click context menu, which copies to the clipboard the text of cell that you right-clicked with the mouse.
- Version 2.21
- Fixed to save the 'Case Sensitive' option of the Quick Filter in the .cfg file.
- Version 2.20
- Added 'Case Sensitive' option to the Quick Filter window.
- Version 2.19
- Fixed bug: OutlookAddressBookView failed to remember the last size/position of the properties window if it was not located in the primary monitor.
- Version 2.18
- The last size/position of the properties window is now saved in the .cfg file.
- Version 2.17
- Added 'Select All' and 'Deselect All' to the 'Column Settings' window.
- Version 2.16
- The properties window is now resizable.
- Version 2.15:
- Added /SaveAddressBooks command-line option for exporting the names of address books into a file.
- Version 2.13:
- Added new quick filter options: 'Find records with all words (space-delimited list)' and 'Find records with all strings (comma-delimited list)'
- Added new quick filter combo-box: 'Show only items match the filter' and 'Hide items that match the filter'.
- Version 2.12:
- Added 'Manager Name' column.
- Version 2.11:
- Fixed bug: 'Copy Selected Items' worked improperly when setting the 'Unicode/Ascii Save Mode' to 'Always UTF-8'.
- Version 2.10:
- Added 'Quick Filter' feature (View -> Use Quick Filter or Ctrl+Q). When it's turned on, you can type a string in the text-box added under the address-books combo-box and OutlookAddressBookView will instantly filter the address book table, showing only lines that contain the string you typed.
- Version 2.07:
- Fix bug: When using /SaveDirect command-line option, the file was always saved according to the default encoding, instead of using the selected encoding in Options -> Save File Encoding.
- Version 2.06:
- Fixed bug: OutlookAddressBookView crashed when using the find option while the last item was selected.
- Version 2.05:
- Fixed the export to csv file to enclose a field with quotes if it contains new line characters (CRLF).
- You can now choose the desired encoding (ANSI, UTF-8, UTF-16) to save the csv/xml/text/html files. (Under the Options menu)
- Version 2.02:
- Added 'New OutlookAddressBookView Instance' under the File menu, for opening a new window of OutlookAddressBookView.
- Version 2.01:
- Added 'Auto Size Columns On Load' option.
- Version 2.00:
- Improved the memory allocation for address books with large amount of items.
- Added "Don't load Entry IDs" and "Don't load Exchange strings" options. You can use these options to reduce the memory footprint when loading very large address books.
- Version 1.98:
- When OutlookAddressBookView fails to load the selected address book, error code is now displayed in the bottom status bar.
- Version 1.97:
- Added /SaveDirect command-line option for using with the other save command-line options (/scomma, /stab, /sxml, and so on...), which allows you to export the address book records directly to a file, instead of accumulating all data in memory and then save them to file in the end.
- Version 1.96:
- Added option to export to JSON file.
- Version 1.95:
- Added 'Exchange String' column (For address books of MS-Exchange only).
- Added 'Record Type' column (Mail User, Distribution List, Private Distribution List, or Remote User).
- Added 'Copy As Simple CSV - For NK2Edit' option (F8), which allows you to easily copy the selected records and then paste them into the NK2Edit tool.
- Version 1.92:
- The name of the selected address book is now displayed in the window title.
- Version 1.91:
- Added 'Always On Top' option.
- Version 1.90:
- Fixed bug: OutlookAddressBookView added <br> to the XML file.
- Version 1.89:
- Fixed bug: OutlookAddressBookView failed to remember the last size/position of the main window if it was not located in the primary monitor.
- Version 1.88:
- Fixed to display the profiles list for Outlook 2013 in the 'Profile Name' combo-box.
- Version 1.87:
- Fixed a crash problem occurred on some systems.
- Version 1.86:
- Added 'Alias' column (For address books of MS-Exchange).
- Version 1.85:
- The number of items of every address book is now displayed in the top address books list.
- Version 1.82:
- Fixed to find the correct item when typing the string you want to search into the main List View.
- Added secondary sorting support: You can now get a secondary sorting, by holding down the shift key while clicking the column header. Be aware that you only have to hold down the shift key when clicking the second/third/fourth column. To sort the first column you should not hold down the Shift key.
- Version 1.81:
- OutlookAddressBookView now remembers the last selected address book.
- Version 1.80:
- Added 'Recent Config Files' menu.
- Version 1.77:
- Fixed a few strings contained 'NK2Edit' string instead of OutlookAddressBookView.
- Fixed to display date/time values according to daylight saving time settings.
- Version 1.76:
- Fixed bug: OutlookAddressBookView failed to filter the address book items properly according to the 'Advanced Options' window when
exporting the items from command-line.
- Version 1.75:
- Added option to load only the address books containing the specified strings (In 'Advanced Options' window).
- Version 1.72:
- Fix the 'Department Name' column header, which was mistakenly changed to 'OutlookAttachView Config File' in Version 1.70 update.
- Version 1.71:
- Added 'Copy Names Only' option, which copies the display names of all selected records to the clipboard, each name in a separated line.
- Version 1.70:
- Added 'Load Configuration' and 'Save Configuration' options.
- Version 1.68:
- Added /cfg command-line option to start OutlookAddressBookView with the specified configuration file, for example:
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /cfg "%AppData%\OutlookAddressBookView.cfg"
- Version 1.67:
- Added 'Copy Emails Only' option, which copies the emails of all selected records to the clipboard, each email in a separated line.
- Version 1.66:
- When trying to connect to Outlook 2010/2013 with the wrong build of OutlookAddressBookView (OutlookAddressBookView 32-bit with Outlook x64 or OutlookAddressBookView x64 with Outlook 32-bit), OutlookAddressBookView now displays informative error message about the problem.
- Version 1.65:
- Added option to exclude records that their email or display name contains the specified strings. (In 'Advanced Options' window)
- Version 1.60:
- Added option to load only records with the specified address types. (In 'Advanced Options' window)
- Version 1.55:
- Added option to load only records that their email or display name contains the specified strings. (In 'Advanced Options' window)
- Version 1.52:
- Added option to choose another font (font name and size) to display all address book items. (Options -> Select Another Font)
- Version 1.51:
- Fixed the flickering appeared while scrolling the contacts list.
- Version 1.50:
- Added 2 new columns: 'Office Location' and 'Department Name'
- Version 1.45:
- Added 2 new columns: 'Business City' and 'Home City'
- Version 1.40:
- Added 2 new columns: 'Primary Fax' (For address books of MS-Exchange ) and 'Home Fax' (for Contacts of MS-Outlook ).
- Version 1.36:
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
- Version 1.35:
- Added EntryID column.
- Added 'Open Item In Outlook' option (Ctrl+O).
- Version 1.30:
- Added new command-line options: /OutlookProfile and /OutlookProfileString
- Version 1.25:
- Added option to save the address book records into csv/tab-delimited/xml/html file from command-line.
- Version 1.21:
- Fixed issue: Dialog-boxes opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Version 1.20:
- Added new columns: 'Office Number 2' and 'Home Number 2'
- Version 1.16:
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
- Version 1.15:
- Changed the user interface from tabs to combo-box, which is easier to use for Exchange profiles with large amount of address books.
- Instead of loading all address books at once, OutlookAddressBookView now loads only the selected address book.
- Version 1.11:
- Added 'Copy As Emails List' option (Ctrl+L) which allows you to copy to the clipboard the selected emails as semicolon delimited list that can be used in the To/CC fields of Outlook or other email software.
- Version 1.10:
- Added 'Stop' menu, which allows you to stop the loading process of the address books.
- Version 1.05:
- Fixed bug: In some Outlook/Exchange configurations, OutlookAddressBookView loaded only the first 50 address book contacts.
- Fixed bug: On Outlook profile with large amount of address books, the tab control occupied the entire window of OutlookAddressBookView.
- Improved the memory usage and speed for large amount of contacts.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
Start Using OutlookAddressBookView
OutlookAddressBookView doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files.
In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - OutlookAddressBookView.exe
After you run OutlookAddressBookView, it automatically scans your default Outlook profile and displays the
address books stored in it. You can choose another Outlook profile from the Advanced Options window (F9)
In the combo-box located below the toolbar of OutlookAddressBookView window, you can choose the desired
address book to load.
For PST based profiles, you'll probably find only one address book named 'Contacts'.
For profiles connected to Microsoft Exchange Server, you'll get more types of address books, for example:
'Global Address Book', 'All Users', 'All Employees', and so on.
On Outlook 2010, you'll also get the 'Suggested Contacts' address book.
You can easily select one or more recipients in your address book, and then save them into tab-delimited/comma-delimited/xml/html file,
by using the 'Save Selected Items' option. You can also copy the selected recipients into the clipboard (Ctrl+C) and then paste
them into Excel.
Custom Context Menu
Starting from version 2.40, you can add your own custom menu items into the context menu of OutlookAddressBookView.
In order to do this, you have to exit completely from OutlookAddressBookView and then edit the OutlookAddressBookView.cfg file, located in the same folder
of `.exe. You can edit OutlookAddressBookView.cfg with notepad or any other text editor.
The structure of the custom menu configuration is very simple, and looks like this:
You can create up to 10 different menu items (from 0 to 9). The command string is an executable file with parameters that provide the information
about the selected items.
For example, the following menu item will open a new message window in Outlook with the email address of the selected item.
Caption0=New Message In Outlook
Command0=Outlook.exe -c IPM.Note /m "%EmailAddress%"
OutlookAddressBookView will replace the %EmailAddress% variable with the email address of the selected address book item.
You can use the following variables for the custom menu command (They are identical to the column names, but without the space characters):
||Specifies the address book name to save with the save command-line options (/stab, /scomma, and so on)
If you don't specify this parameter, all address books will be saved into the file.
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /stab "c:\temp\addrbook1.txt" /AddressBookName "Global Address List"
Specifies the Outlook profile mode.
1 = Use default Outlook profile
2 = Choose the desired profile from Outlook profile dialog-box
3 = Use the Outlook profile specified in /OutlookProfileString parameter.
Specified the desired Outlook profile name when OutlookProfile is 3.
OutlookAddressBookView /OutlookProfile 3 /OutlookProfileString "NirSoft"
Start OutlookAddressBookView with the specified configuration file.
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /cfg "c:\config\oabv.cfg"
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /cfg "%AppData%\OutlookAddressBookView.cfg"
||Save the address book records into a regular text file.
||Save the address book records into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the address book records into a comma-delimited text file (csv).
||Save the address book records into a tabular text file.
||Save the address book records into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the address book records into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the address book records into XML file.
||Save the address book records into JSON file.
Save the address book records in SaveDirect mode.
For using with the other save command-line options ( /scomma, /stab, /sxml, and so on...) When you use the SaveDirect mode,
the address book records are saved directly to the disk, without loading them into the memory first.
This command-line option can be used with other save options for sorting by the desired column.
If you don't specify this option, the list is sorted according to the last sort that you made from the user interface.
The <column> parameter can specify the column index (0 for the first column, 1 for the second column, and so on) or
the name of the column, like "Email Address" and "Display Name".
You can specify the '~' prefix character (e.g: "~Email Address") if you want to sort in descending order.
You can put multiple /sort in the command-line if you want to sort by multiple columns.
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /shtml "f:\temp\addrbook.html" /sort 2 /sort ~1
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /shtml "f:\temp\addrbook.html" /sort "Address Type" /sort "Display Name"
/Columns <Comma Delimited Columns List>
Allows you to set the columns to display or the columns to export from command-line.
You have to specify the column names, delimited by comma, for example:
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /scomma c:\temp\contacts-list.csv /Columns "Display Name,Address Type,Email Address,Title,Company"
You can also specify the column names without space characters, for example:
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /Columns "DisplayName,AddressType,EmailAddress,Title,Company"
||Save the names of all address books into a file.
Translating OutlookAddressBookView to other languages
In order to translate OutlookAddressBookView to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run OutlookAddressBookView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named OutlookAddressBookView_lng.ini will be created in the folder of OutlookAddressBookView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run OutlookAddressBookView, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run OutlookAddressBookView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
OutlookAddressBookView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
OutlookAddressBookView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'outlookaddressbookview_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed OutlookAddressBookView utility.