Copyright (c) 2022 - 2023 Nir Sofer
WifiDiagnosticsView is a Wifi diagnostics tool for Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista that monitors the wireless network service of Windows operating system and displays any
event that occurs while WifiDiagnosticsView is running, including wireless networks scan, connect to access point, disconnect from access point, failed connection attempt, and so on..
When a failure is detected, the error code and error description is displayed.
- This tool works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows Vista and up to Windows 11. Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported.
- This tool is just a small standalone .exe file that you can run on any system without installing anything.
- Version 1.03:
- Added 'Automatically Scroll Down On New Items' option.
- Version 1.02:
- Added 'Quick Filter' feature (View -> Use Quick Filter or Ctrl+Q). When it's turned on, you can type a string in the text-box added under the toolbar and WifiDiagnosticsView will instantly filter the wifi diagnostics items, showing only lines that contain the string you typed.
- Version 1.01:
- Fixed to display the time properly in AM/PM format.
- Fixed the default columns size in high DPI mode.
- Fixed typo in Description column.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
Start Using WifiDiagnosticsView
WifiDiagnosticsView doesn't require any installation process or additional DLL files. In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - WifiDiagnosticsView.exe
After running WifiDiagnosticsView, it starts to monitor the wireless network service on your system, and every event is added to the main window of WifiDiagnosticsView.
Be aware that the following columns are filled only when they are relevant to the event: Profile Name, SSID, Failure Code, Failure Text, BSSID, Connection Mode.
Put Icon On Tray
If you want to run WifiDiagnosticsView in the background without displaying any window, simply turn on the 'Put Icon On Tray' option (Under the Options menu).
After you enable this option, you can close the main window of WifiDiagnosticsView, and it'll continue to monitor your Wifi connections in the background.
When you want to open the window of WifiDiagnosticsView again, simply double-click the icon of WifiDiagnosticsView in the system tray.
Translating WifiDiagnosticsView to other languages
In order to translate WifiDiagnosticsView to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run WifiDiagnosticsView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named WifiDiagnosticsView_lng.ini will be created in the folder of WifiDiagnosticsView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run WifiDiagnosticsView, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run WifiDiagnosticsView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via CD-ROM, DVD,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to email@example.com
WifiDiagnosticsView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
WifiDiagnosticsView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'wifidiagnosticsview_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed WifiDiagnosticsView utility.