Copyright (c) 2015 - 2022 Nir Sofer
WirelessConnectionInfo is a simple tool for Windows Vista/7/8/2008/10/11 that displays general information and statistics about the active wifi connection, including the
SSID, BSSID, PHY Type, Signal Quality, Receiving rate, Transmission Rate, Authentication Algorithm, Channel Number, Total number of
transmitted/received frames, and more...
This utility works on Windows Vista/7/8/2008/10/11 32-bit or 64-bit.
Older versions of Windows are not supported.
- Version 1.17:
- Added 'Add Header Line To CSV/Tab-Delimited File' option (Turned on by default).
- Added 'Copy Value' option.
- Version 1.16:
- Added 'Start As Hidden' option. When this option and 'Put Icon On Tray' option are turned on, the main window of WirelessConnectionInfo will be invisible on start.
- Version 1.15:
- The tooltip of the tray icon now shows the following information about the active wireless connection: Interface State, SSID, BSSID, Receiving rate, Channel Number.
- Fixed to update the screen properly when the 'Interface State' is changed.
- Version 1.13:
- The connection name is now displayed in the adapters list of 'Advanced Options' window.
- Version 1.12:
- Fixed WirelessConnectionInfo to work properly when a USB wifi card is plugged while it's already running.
- Version 1.11:
- Fixed to show the speed in Mbps
- Version 1.10:
- Added option to choose another font (name and size) to display in the main window.
- Version 1.05:
- Added 'Put Icon On Tray' option.
- Version 1.01:
- Added 'Always On Top' option.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
Start Using WirelessConnectionInfo
WirelessConnectionInfo doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files. In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - WirelessConnectionInfo.exe
After running it, the main window displays general information and statistics about your current wireless network connection.
If WirelessConnectionInfo fails to detect your wireless connection, you should press F9, and choose the correct network adapter.
||Save the wireless connection information into a regular text file.
||Save the wireless connection information into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the wireless connection information into a comma-delimited text file (csv).
||Save the wireless connection information into a tabular text file.
||Save the wireless connection information into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the wireless connection information into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the wireless connection information into XML file.
Translating WirelessConnectionInfo to other languages
In order to translate WirelessConnectionInfo to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run WirelessConnectionInfo with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named WirelessConnectionInfo_lng.ini will be created in the folder of WirelessConnectionInfo utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run WirelessConnectionInfo, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run WirelessConnectionInfo without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
WirelessConnectionInfo is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
WirelessConnectionInfo, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'wirelessconnectioninfo_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed WirelessConnectionInfo utility.