||SysExporter v1.61 - Export data from Windows controls.
Copyright (c) 2003 - 2012 Nir Sofer
- SiteShoter - Take a screenshot of a Web site and save it to png/jpg/bmp/tiff/gif file.
- NK2Edit - Edit, merge and fix the AutoComplete files (.NK2) of Microsoft Outlook.
SysExporter utility allows you to grab the data stored in standard list-views, tree-views, list boxes, combo boxes, text-boxes, and WebBrowser/HTML controls from
almost any application running on your system, and export it to text, HTML or XML file.
Here's some examples for data that you can export with SysExporter:
- The files list inside archive file (.zip, .rar, and so on) as displayed by WinZip or 7-Zip File Manager.
- The files list inside a folder.
- The event log of Windows.
- The list of emails and contacts in Outlook Express.
- The Registry values displayed in the right pane of the Registry Editor.
- The data displayed by SysInternals utilities (Registry Monitor, File Monitor, Process Explorer, and others.)
- The text inside a standard message-box of Windows.
- The HTML inside any instance of Internet Explorer.
- Version 1.61:
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
- Fixed issue: The properties and the other windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Version 1.60:
- Added support for DirectUI control, which is used to display files and folders on Explorer Windows of Windows 7.
- Version 1.52:
- Fixed the properties window to be closed when clicking the X button or pressing the Esc key.
- Version 1.51:
- Added 'Remove Question Mark Characters' - Useful for date/time and some other columns of Explorer in Windows Vista.
- Version 1.50:
- Added support for drag And drop feature - Allows you to easily locate the desired window simply by dragging
the target icon from the SysExporter toolbar into the window that you need to grab the data.
- Version 1.41:
- New option: Add Tree Indent Spaces To Exported Data.
- Version 1.40:
- Added new columns: 'Window Class', and 'Visible'
- Version 1.39:
- Fixed bug: The main window lost the focus when the user switched to another application and then returned back to SysExporter.
- Version 1.38:
- Added 'Always On Top' option.
- Version 1.37:
- Fixed bug in saving as comma-delimited file when field values contained comma character.
- Version 1.36:
- Added support for saving to comma-delimited file.
- Version 1.35:
- Added support for StatusBar controls.
- The configuration is now saved to a file, instead of the Registry.
- Version 1.30:
- New Option: Display HTML As Plain Text (For HTML controls)
- New Option: Display Invisible Items.
- New Option: Display Items With Invisible Parent Window.
- Added filters by control type.
- Version 1.21:
- Added support for labels.
- When the lower pane contains text, you can now use the keyboard - Ctrl+A for selection, and Ctrl+C to copy the text
to the clipboard.
- Version 1.20:
- Added support for text-boxes.
- Added support for WebBrowser/HTML controls (IHTMLDocument2 interface) - Only on Windows 2000/XP.
- Version 1.10:
- Added support for Tree-View Controls.
- Copy to clipboard as tab-delimited text.
- New Options under the Options menu.
- Ability to translate to other languages.
- Version 1.00: First Release
SysExporter Works perfectly on Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
On Windows 9x and Windows ME, SysExporter can only export data from combo boxes and list boxes controls, but not from list-view and tree-view controls.
SysExporter can export data from most combo boxes, list boxes, tree-view, and list-view controls, but not from all of them.
There are some applications that use these controls to display data, but the data itself is not actually stored in the control, but in another location in the computer's memory.
In such cases, SysExporter won't be able to export the data.
This utility is a standalone executable, so it doesn't require any installation
process or additional DLLs. Just run the executable (sysexp.exe) and start
using it. There is only one exception: If you want to run this utility on
Windows NT, you should download the 'psapi.dll', and copy it into the system32
The main window of SysExporter contains 2 panes:
You can easily select one or more items from the lower pane, and then export them to text, HTML or XML files.
You can also copy the exported data to the clipboard in tab-delimited format (Ctrl+C), and then
paste it directly to Excel or any other application that supports this format.
Before exporting the data, you can change the order of columns that will be appeared in the saved files by using the 'Choose Columns' option.
- The upper pane displays the list of current opened windows that are available for export.
- When you select a single window in the upper pane, the lower pane displays all data that you can export from the selected window.
For example: If you select the 'My computer' window in the upper pane, the lower pane will display the list of all your disks, and they are displayed in the original 'My Computer' window.
Let's say that you want to export the list of all files in your C:\Windows folder to Excel:
- First, open the 'C:\Windows' folder (or any other folder that you want to export).
- In the top pane of SysExporter, find the window of 'C:\Windows' folder and select it.
If you cannot find this window, try to refresh the list by pressing F5 key.
- After selecting the desired window in the top pane, the files list of this window
will be loaded to the lower pane.
- Select the files in the lower pane that you want to export. (Press Ctrl+A in order to select all files)
- Press Ctrl+C in order to copy the selected items to the clipbaord. (The exported items are copied in tab-delimited format)
- In Excel, go the position that you want to put the exported data, and then
press Ctrl+V to paste the exported data into your Excel worksheet.
Locating the right window with Drag & Drop
Starting from version 1.50, you can easily locate the desired window by using the targeting button.
In order to do that, simply press the targeting button of the toolbar, and then drag it to the window that you wish
to export the data.
If the selected window is detected by SysExporter, it'll automatically be displayed in SysExporter.
Translating to other languages
SysExporter allows you to easily translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and other strings
to other languages.
In order to do that, follow the instructions below:
- Run SysExporter with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named sysexp_lng.ini will be created in the folder of SysExporter utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and string entries to the desired language.
- After you finish the translation, Run SysExporter, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run SysExporter without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
SysExporter is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
SysExporter, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'sysexp_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed SysExporter utility.