Copyright (c) 2012 - 2014 Nir Sofer
- NK2Edit - Edit, merge and repair the AutoComplete files (.NK2) of Microsoft Outlook.
- OutlookAttachView - Extract multiple Outlook Attachments.
OutlookAddressBookView is a simple utility that displays the details of all recipients stored in the address books of
For every recipient entry, the following information is displayed:
Email Address, Display Name, Address Type (MS-Exchange or SMTP), Street Address, Phone Number, Created Time,
Modified Time (Works only with address books of Exchange server), and more...
You can easily select one or more recipients from the list and export them into tab-delimited/comma-delimited/xml/html file,
or copy them to the clipboard and then paste the list into Excel.
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8.
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2010, or Microsoft Outlook 2013.
For the 64-bit version of Outlook 2010/2013, you should use the x64 version of OutlookAddressBookView.
For all other versions, you must use the 32-bit of OutlookAddressBookView.
- Version 1.82:
- Fixed to find the correct item when typing the string you want to search into the main List View.
- Added secondary sorting support: You can now get a secondary sorting, by holding down the shift key while clicking the column header. Be aware that you only have to hold down the shift key when clicking the second/third/fourth column. To sort the first column you should not hold down the Shift key.
- Version 1.81:
- OutlookAddressBookView now remembers the last selected address book.
- Version 1.80:
- Added 'Recent Config Files' menu.
- Version 1.77:
- Fixed a few strings contained 'NK2Edit' string instead of OutlookAddressBookView.
- Fixed to display date/time values according to daylight saving time settings.
- Version 1.76:
- Fixed bug: OutlookAddressBookView failed to filter the address book items properly according to the 'Advanced Options' window when
exporting the items from command-line.
- Version 1.75:
- Added option to load only the address books containing the specified strings (In 'Advanced Options' window).
- Version 1.72:
- Fix the 'Department Name' column header, which was mistakenly changed to 'OutlookAttachView Config File' in Version 1.70 update.
- Version 1.71:
- Added 'Copy Names Only' option, which copies the display names of all selected records to the clipboard, each name in a separated line.
- Version 1.70:
- Added 'Load Configuration' and 'Save Configuration' options.
- Version 1.68:
- Added /cfg command-line option to start OutlookAddressBookView with the specified configuration file, for example:
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /cfg "%AppData%\OutlookAddressBookView.cfg"
- Version 1.67:
- Added 'Copy Emails Only' option, which copies the emails of all selected records to the clipboard, each email in a separated line.
- Version 1.66:
- When trying to connect to Outlook 2010/2013 with the wrong build of OutlookAddressBookView (OutlookAddressBookView 32-bit with Outlook x64 or OutlookAddressBookView x64 with Outlook 32-bit), OutlookAddressBookView now displays informative error message about the problem.
- Version 1.65:
- Added option to exclude records that their email or display name contains the specified strings. (In 'Advanced Options' window)
- Version 1.60:
- Added option to load only records with the specified address types. (In 'Advanced Options' window)
- Version 1.55:
- Added option to load only records that their email or display name contains the specified strings. (In 'Advanced Options' window)
- Version 1.52:
- Added option to choose another font (font name and size) to display all address book items. (Options -> Select Another Font)
- Version 1.51:
- Fixed the flickering appeared while scrolling the contacts list.
- Version 1.50:
- Added 2 new columns: 'Office Location' and 'Department Name'
- Version 1.45:
- Added 2 new columns: 'Business City' and 'Home City'
- Version 1.40:
- Added 2 new columns: 'Primary Fax' (For address books of MS-Exchange ) and 'Home Fax' (for Contacts of MS-Outlook ).
- Version 1.36:
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
- Version 1.35:
- Added EntryID column.
- Added 'Open Item In Outlook' option (Ctrl+O).
- Version 1.30:
- Added new command-line options: /OutlookProfile and /OutlookProfileString
- Version 1.25:
- Added option to save the address book records into csv/tab-delimited/xml/html file from command-line.
- Version 1.21:
- Fixed issue: Dialog-boxes opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Version 1.20:
- Added new columns: 'Office Number 2' and 'Home Number 2'
- Version 1.16:
- Added 'Auto Size Columns+Headers' option, which allows you to automatically resize the columns according to the row values and column headers.
- Version 1.15:
- Changed the user interface from tabs to combo-box, which is easier to use for Exchange profiles with large amount of address books.
- Instead of loading all address books at once, OutlookAddressBookView now loads only the selected address book.
- Version 1.11:
- Added 'Copy As Emails List' option (Ctrl+L) which allows you to copy to the clipboard the selected emails as semicolon delimited list that can be used in the To/CC fields of Outlook or other email software.
- Version 1.10:
- Added 'Stop' menu, which allows you to stop the loading process of the address books.
- Version 1.05:
- Fixed bug: In some Outlook/Exchange configurations, OutlookAddressBookView loaded only the first 50 address book contacts.
- Fixed bug: On Outlook profile with large amount of address books, the tab control occupied the entire window of OutlookAddressBookView.
- Improved the memory usage and speed for large amount of contacts.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
Start Using OutlookAddressBookView
OutlookAddressBookView doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files.
In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - OutlookAddressBookView.exe
After you run OutlookAddressBookView, it automatically scans your default Outlook profile and displays the
address books stored in it. You can choose another Outlook profile from the Advanced Options window (F9)
In the combo-box located below the toolbar of OutlookAddressBookView window, you can choose the desired
address book to load.
For PST based profiles, you'll probably find only one address book named 'Contacts'.
For profiles connected to Microsoft Exchange Server, you'll get more types of address books, for example:
'Global Address Book', 'All Users', 'All Employees', and so on.
On Outlook 2010, you'll also get the 'Suggested Contacts' address book.
You can easily select one or more recipients in your address book, and then save them into tab-delimited/comma-delimited/xml/html file,
by using the 'Save Selected Items' option. You can also copy the selected recipients into the clipboard (Ctrl+C) and then paste
them into Excel.
||Specifies the address book name to save with the save command-line options (/stab, /scomma, and so on)
If you don't specify this parameter, all address books will be saved into the file.
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /stab "c:\temp\addrbook1.txt" /AddressBookName "Global Address List"
Specifies the Outlook profile mode.
1 = Use default Outlook profile
2 = Choose the desired profile from Outlook profile dialog-box
3 = Use the Outlook profile specified in /OutlookProfileString parameter.
Specified the desired Outlook profile name when OutlookProfile is 3.
OutlookAddressBookView /OutlookProfile 3 /OutlookProfileString "NirSoft"
Start OutlookAddressBookView with the specified configuration file.
CSVFileView.exe /cfg "c:\config\oabv.cfg"
CSVFileView.exe /cfg "%AppData%\OutlookAddressBookView.cfg"
||Save the address book records into a regular text file.
||Save the address book records into a tab-delimited text file.
||Save the address book records into a comma-delimited text file (csv).
||Save the address book records into a tabular text file.
||Save the address book records into HTML file (Horizontal).
||Save the address book records into HTML file (Vertical).
||Save the address book records into XML file.
This command-line option can be used with other save options for sorting by the desired column.
If you don't specify this option, the list is sorted according to the last sort that you made from the user interface.
The <column> parameter can specify the column index (0 for the first column, 1 for the second column, and so on) or
the name of the column, like "Email Address" and "Display Name".
You can specify the '~' prefix character (e.g: "~Email Address") if you want to sort in descending order.
You can put multiple /sort in the command-line if you want to sort by multiple columns.
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /shtml "f:\temp\addrbook.html" /sort 2 /sort ~1
OutlookAddressBookView.exe /shtml "f:\temp\addrbook.html" /sort "Address Type" /sort "Display Name"
Translating OutlookAddressBookView to other languages
In order to translate OutlookAddressBookView to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run OutlookAddressBookView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named OutlookAddressBookView_lng.ini will be created in the folder of OutlookAddressBookView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.
Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site.
(TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be
used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run OutlookAddressBookView, and all translated
strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run OutlookAddressBookView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move
it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware.
You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM,
Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don't
sell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product.
If you distribute this utility, you must include all files in
the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,
including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness
for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,
consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
If you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility,
you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
OutlookAddressBookView is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of
OutlookAddressBookView, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'outlookaddressbookview_lng.ini',
and put it in the same folder that you Installed OutlookAddressBookView utility.